Community Association Management (CAM)
houses in a neighborhood
RichLegg / Getty Images

License Requirements for Community Association Management in Florida

A look at who needs to get a community association management license from the state of Florida and how to get one.

Anyone who manages a homeowners association with more than 10 units or that has an annual budget of $100,000 or more is required to get a Community Association Management (CAM) license.

The license is required for anyone performing community association management tasks, defined as “any of the following practices requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment and managerial skill<…>: controlling or disbursing funds of a community association, preparing budgets or other financial documents for a community association, assisting in the noticing or conduct of community association meetings, and coordinating maintenance for the residential development and other day-to-day services involved with the operation of a community association.”

CAM licenses are issued by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.

 (Section 468.431, Florida Statutes)